Owning a Water Neutral Pool will not only save water, it will minimise cost through reduced chemical, energy and water use.
A Water Neutral Pool utilises both water saving and water harvesting devices to minimise mains water use, and also delivers further benefits including;
- Reduced water use – delivering water savings, energy savings and cost savings
- Reduced chemical use – cuts pool maintenance costs
- Water collection at site – another way of saving water and money by storing water and diverting it for use in laundries and toilets, and on gardens.
- Enhanced property value, and demonstration of the pool owner’s responsible attitude to water conservation with SPASA Water Neutral Pool Certification.
A Water Neutral Pool must, at a minimum, have the following features:
- Water tank, to collect rainfall to top-up the pool as needed
- Pool cover, to conserve 90% of water lost through evaporation
- Backwash minimisation system, to prevent excessive backwashing (e.g. cartridge filter, oversized sand filter, centrifugal / pre-filter device, backwash recycle system, etc.)
To help new Summertime Pools buyers establish a Water Neutral Pool, for a limited time we are offereing a 30% saving on our Water Conservation Kit. This includes a Tankworld tank and pump, a pool cover with roller, and a pre filtration filter. Check the offer out here.
Water Neutral Pool programs have proven water savings. Analysis shows a Water Neutral Pool can save thousands of litres of water every year. Over a 12 month period, pool owners with an adequate sized rain tank, who conscientiously use a pool blanket (physical or chemical) and a backwash minimisation system, will not need to use mains water to top-up their pool.